Bid & Buy for BIMA Auction Rules
The online auction and collectors marketplace will close immediately on Sunday, October 11, at 5:00 pm Pacific time. For technical support, please contact email@example.com.
Check-in and Payment
- To become a registered online participant you must provide a credit card prior to bidding or buying.
- To do this, click on the Start Bidding button on the top right corner of the screen on the bidding website. Or clicking here.
- Once you register for the Bid & Buy for BIMA, which includes your address and credit card information, you are all set to start.
Online Auction and Marketplace Bidding and Buying
- Browse the artworks, collectibles, antiques, jewelry and experiences online. To learn more about an item, click on the image to view details.
- Clicking on the item image will show you more information about it, including a description and any restrictions.
- You can search by the name of an artist or a package number from the preview page by clicking on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
- Favorite items by clicking on the star in their listing, and see your favorites – or what you’ve bid on! – using the menu found on the left side by clicking the three bars.
- Browse Packages using the menu:
- Use the ≡ to open the menu for Bids, Favorites, and Categories.
- Favorites – Use the star ☆ to save Packages for later viewing.
- Bids – See Packages that you have bid on already.
- Act Now – Sort Packages quickly by No Bids, Currently Open, and more.
- Use the magnifying glass or scroll down to search for Packages.
- Use the ≡ to open the menu for Bids, Favorites, and Categories.
- Tap a Package to place a type of bid:
- Bid – Place a single bid at the next increment.
- Bid More – Place a Max Bid. The system will bid in your favor until you are outbid or the auction closes.
- Buy Now – Purchase the Package!
- BUY (Collectors Marketplace) Items will be a buy only price, no bidding needed to purchase the item.
Online Auction and Marketplace Bidding Rules
- For auction items (BID!) bid raise increments are pre-set. By placing a bid, you agree to purchase the item at this price if you are the winning bidder.
- The last (highest) valid bid registered when the section closes will be the winning bid.
- A maximum guaranteed purchase price is stated on each online auction package. If you want to make sure you’re not outbid, the best option is to purchase the piece for the guaranteed price.
- Items in the collectors marketplace (BUY!) are sold at the stated price—there is no bidding. The purchase prices for collectors marketplace items are less than the stated value—these are real deals!
- Once a collectors marketplace piece is purchased, the item is yours and will be available for pick up between October 14-25 at BIMA.
- If, during the auction, you mistakenly place a bid you did not mean to make, you must immediately contact Andrea Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 451-4016.
- All bidders will remain anonymous.
- The Auction Committee reserves the right to withdraw any item at any time without notice before the actual sale.
- In the event of a dispute, the Executive Director (representing the Auction Committee) shall act as final authority in determining the winning bid.
Invoicing, Payment, Pickup, and Shipping
- Winners of auction and/or collectors marketplace items can pick up any and all purchases at BIMA starting Wednesday, October 14, through Sunday, October 25, at BIMA from 10 am-5 pm daily. If you are unable to pick up during this window, please contact Jessica Perkins Miller at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for pick up.
- All winning bidders will receive an emailed invoice within 24 hours of the close of the auction and marketplace (5pm on October 11).
- To arrange payment by check or to dispute your invoice, please contact Andrea Williams immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 451-4016.
- Unless otherwise noted in restrictions, items can be shipped for an additional fee. If you are interested in having an item shipped, please let us know HERE or fill out the form linked on your invoice sent out to you at the end of the auction (October 11). Prior to processing the credit card on file for all final purchases, a BIMA representative will contact you to coordinate shipping following the close of the auction.
- Each invoice will include a link to sign up for shipping. If shipping is needed, please fill out the form at the link at your earliest convenience. A staff member will contact you within 5 days to discuss shipping arrangements and additional shipping charges.
- The credit card which was used to register for Bid & Buy for BIMA at the start of the event will be charged on October 14.
- Buyers will be furnished with an electronic receipt at the conclusion of the sale.
- BIMA is located at 550 Winslow Way East, Bainbridge Island, WA, 98110.
- Should a buyer’s purchases total $7,500 or more, items can be delivered to a home or office by request (within the Puget Sound Region only).
Terms of Sale
- All sales are final; there will be no exchanges or refunds.
- Photos depicted in the experience packages are for illustrative purposes only.
- BIMA reserves the right to remove any item for sale.
- Except where otherwise noted by the donor, services, tickets and certificate items are subject to mutually agreed upon times and dates, and must be used within one year of the date of the event.
- Unless otherwise stated, all certificates for services expire on October 31, 2021.
- Potential bidders may request assistance to inspect auction items during the events. BIMA will have dedicated auction representatives for this purpose.
- We cannot hold an item without an official bid placed.
- Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (BIMA) does not make any expressed or implied warranties or guarantees on auction items regarding quality or value of items. BIMA attempts to describe and catalog all items correctly, but all items are offered and sold “AS IS˝ and “WITH ALL FAULTS.˝
- BIMA neither warrants nor represents, and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog or made orally at the auction or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty for tax purposes or market value.
- Items have not been appraised unless otherwise noted.
- Reservations for trips and vacation accommodations must be mutually arranged with the donor unless otherwise noted. No refunds will be allowed on travel packages for canceled tickets and/or accommodations. BIMA assumes no responsibility for travel arrangements, unless otherwise noted. All arrangement and coordination of items (hotel, caterer, entertainment, etc.) must be made by the item buyer and only with the contact person designated on the donation certificate or documentation. We appreciate your strict observance of these restrictions, as future donations depend upon it.
- All hotel/resort reservations are based on availability unless the certificate states a specific date.
- Travel awards may not be sold or transferred and are not redeemable for cash.
The buyer waives any claim for liability against BlMA, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, sponsors, volunteers connected with the auction, and/or the donor of the item. Neither BIMA nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damage that may result from the use of the property or services.
Certificates and Vouchers
- For non-tangible items, an envelope will be mailed to winners by October 25, which will contain certificate(s) for non-tangible item(s) or a voucher providing directions on how to collect the certificate(s).
- Please carefully check the envelope which will contain a voucher and certificates. Pay specific attention to all conditions, restrictions and expiration dates on items and services.
- Unless otherwise stated, restaurant certificates exclude tax and gratuity, and may have certain date restrictions.
- This catalog lists the fair market value of each item. Any amount paid in excess of the fair market value would normally be available as a charitable contribution for tax purposes. Please check with your tax advisor for specifics. BIMA will email an acknowledgement letter.