Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (BIMA) is hiring a CRM Administrator to help the museum drive one of its major customer-centric strategies. BIMA is in the early stages of beginning an integrated roll out of salesforce.com, ticketing, donation, membership, and volunteer system. Come join our dynamic team and help us complete the project and delight our stakeholders and audiences with personalized experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CRM Administrator is responsible for ensuring the Museum makes the best possible use of Salesforce as our comprehensive ticketing, CRM, development, volunteer, and membership system. The CRM Manager creates and leads a collaborative partnership with and between Marketing, Curatorial, Development, Education, Finance, and Visitor Experience and Operations supporting organization-wide adoption and effective use of Salesforce and related applications. The CRM Administrator will grow the Museum’s CRM strategy, systems, tactics and analytics from the ground up, creating and fostering relationships with our 100,000 annual guests, members, donors and volunteers. This high impact role will be responsible for both the strategic direction and day-to-day performance of the company’s personalized marketing programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer segmentation and be able to leverage data to drive personalized communications programs across our owned digital channels to drive deeper engagement and ultimately, members and donors to support the Museum.
- Participate in CRM roadmap development including tagging, reporting, import/export functionalities, data source integration solutions, CRM customizations, etc., during migration period.
- Champion audience targeting practices and audience-first thinking within Marketing, providing a consultative approach to staff leads responsible for brand building, engagement and lead generation campaigns.
- Analyze internal, external or integrated audience data and information to identify insights that support business decision and initiatives, from planning phases through activation.
- Develop advanced customer segmentation strategies and use segmentation to build audiences in partnership with Marketing and Development teams, target and find those constituents across marketing channels.
- Develop reporting capabilities using the CRM to assess audience overlap, trends in size/composition, advertising effectiveness, etc.
- Influence internal teams and take a leadership role to ensure that key audience segmentations are used appropriately and regularly.
- Be the subject matter expert in audience data management and insights – build a learning agenda to evangelize audience management best practices.
- Analyzes and reviews all data management processes and systems used by departments on an ongoing basis. Recommends new processes and implements approved changes.
- Works cross-departmentally to provide requested data lists for mailings and marketing purposes.
- Provide messaging strategies recommendations for program, event, and fundraising campaigns
- Optimize email and social campaign performance through continual experimentation
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, PatronManager or comparable knowledge of a CRM
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years minimum office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four or more years of experience and a proven track record of developing CRM capabilities and executing successful CRM programs using email and other digital channels within a consumer-facing industry
- Experience working with customer segmentation and personalized digital campaigns based on segments and individual data
- Proven expertise with growing and optimizing successful trigger-based email marketing programs
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Detail oriented with focus on delivering results
- Proactive, self-starter, problem solver and organized
- Energized and able to manage and prioritize many tasks simultaneously
Submit cover letter explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for this position and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by January 25th, 2019.
Part-Time Bistro Server
The BIMA Bistro is looking for a multi-talented individual to join our team. Do you enjoy preparing food as much as you love interacting with customers? The server position is ideal for hard-working, creative, flexible multi-taskers who do everything from assisting customers to serving drinks and our made-from-scratch recipes. You should be fast while consistent and detail-oriented, friendly and knowledgeable when acting as cashier, caring and considerate as part of a small team.
- Previous kitchen experience
- Great customer service experience
- Current food handler’s card and class 12 mixologist permit (may be obtained at time of hire)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Neat and organized; show positive attitude even during a busy rush
- Demonstrate initiative and require little supervision
This position is approximately 20 hours/week (including a Saturday or Sunday), with opportunities to pick up extra hours covering for staff on vacation/ill or for special events. Preference will be given to those candidates with some flexibility in their schedules to pick up extra shifts.
Compensation: hourly rate & free shift meal.
Open until filled. We are always collecting resumes.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. In your email, be sure to tell us how you meet or exceed the minimum requirements, and why you should be a part of our team.
2019 Teaching Artists
Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (BIMA) is building a roster of part-time teaching artists for 2018/2019. Do you have experience facilitating visual arts or integrated arts projects in classrooms or museum settings? Do you have a flexible schedule that would allow you to develop quality programs and deliver them to a range of grades within Kitsap and Jefferson counties? This roster may be for you.
BIMA strives to offer equitable access to excellent arts education in partnership with public schools through our ArtsGrowth Initiative, which supports in-school projects through our Field Trip and ArtPartners Programs.
We are seeking candidates that are exceptional creative role models with strong youth development skills and a commitment to social justice. BIMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity. Teaching artists of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email the below information and materials requested to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “TEACHING ARTIST APPLICATION” in the subject line.
Include the following information in your email:
- URL (website)
- Mediums you teach
- Communities you have worked in
Attach the following to your email:
- Teaching resume
- Personal teaching artist mission statement
- 3-5 images of your work and/or student work
- Sample curriculum or lesson plan
- References who can speak to your teaching artistry
Bainbridge Island Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.