Mario Kart 8 Tournament
Grab your bananas and start your engines
BIMA ventures into the world of e-Sports!
With the recent explosion in popularity of professional video gaming competitions and live streaming, video game art and design is becoming recognized as an exciting new canvas for creative expression and storytelling–with our region being one of the most influential hubs for video game development outside of Silicon Valley.
This Mario Kart 8 tournament pits 16 contestants in a bracketed, single-elimination race for the checkered flag.
11:00am | contestants 12 years old and under
5:00pm | contestants 13+
$10 Entry Fee for contestants, free for spectators. Contestant space is limited, so sign up before all slots are claimed. Registration is required whether you are competing or just cheering as a spectator.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
BIMA is following the COVID-19 recommendations and guidance from Kitsap Public Health District, Washington State Department of Health, and the CDC, and will continue to update health and safety policies as needed. At this time, masks and proof of vaccination is not required–but we welcome you to wear a mask if you choose.
We recommend visiting our website prior to this event for the most up-to-date policies.
BIMA will have controllers on hand and do sanitation between heats, but contestants are highly encouraged to bring their own Nintendo Switch controllers.
Tournament Rules and Structure
- Single-Elimination Bracket. (Bracket format subject to change dependent on number of entries)
- Players will play with up to 4 players on station.
- A game ends when all players have completed a race, or time runs out, whichever happens first.
- A match ends when all four races in a Grand Prix have been completed.
- Player names must be appropriate for public viewing.
- A Tournament organizer or administrator reserves the right to ask a player to change the contents of their in-game name at any time
Grand Prix Rules
- Racers: 4 Player Split Screen
- Single Elimination
- Mode: VS Race
- Class: 150cc
- Teams: Off
- Items: Normal
- CPU: off
- Courses: Set A or Set B.
- Grand Prix: 4 Races
- Smart Steering: Off
- Auto-accelerate: Off
- Motion Controls: Players Choice