Art in Action: Winter Break 2018
Drop in and create while you’re visiting the art museum! Join teaching artists in one of BIMA’s light-filled galleries as they guide make-and-take art projects designed for all ages. No preregistration is necessary for this free program.
Winter Break – Week 1
- Wed, 12/19 – Stitched Landscapes: Draw inspiration from Alfredo Arreguin’s colorful paintings to stitch your own felt landscape.
- Thurs, 12/20 – Printed Patterns: Design your own stamped pattern to create custom gift wrapping paper.
- Fri, 12/21 – Soft Circuits: Light up your artwork by building electric circuits with the help of Bainbridge High School’s Spartronics robotics team.
- Sat, 12/22 – Bookmarks: Create a one of a kind art bookmark and learn cut paper, collage, and illustration techniques.
- Sun, 12/23 – Amazing Animals: Be inspired by the work of Alfredo Arreguin and the natural world to make a wildlife collage.
Winter Break – Week 2
- Wed, 12/26 – Watercolor & Ink: Explore artist Mike Biskup’s artistic process by creating your own ink and watercolor paintings.
- Thurs, 12/27 – Color Pencil Portraits: Create a portrait of someone special in your life, inspired by Alfredo Arreguin’s portraits of his friends and family.
- Fri, 12/28 – Kinetic Creations: Make artistic seasonal holiday cards using collage, printing and hand illustration techniques.
- Sat, 12/29 – Pattern Collage: Be inspired by artwork on view to create patterned compositions using collage as a medium.
- Sun, 12/30 – Stuffie Still Life Drawing: Hone your observational skills by drawing a pile of stuffed animals!